“One Does Not Simply Just Walk Into Mordor.” - Boromir LOTR
Life can be a battle at times, going to your place of work shouldn't feel like a difficult task. At Mach 6 we truly value what it means to have a positive workplace atmosphere. Our team gets along well and time goes by quickly. We spend a large majority of our time working in a shop with the same people day after day, so why not spend your time in a place that has fun people, a positive atmosphere, and repairs that are exciting?
Mach 6 started in 2017 and has been continually expanding operations and growing staff at a steady pace. Our team is a fun & hard working group of individuals who help make the days go by quickly. The equipment we service range from highway trucks to trains & cranes, and everything in between there is always something different coming into the shop. Our 40,000sq./ft. facility is well lit, CVIP certified, equipped with 4 cranes, alignment bay, service trucks, and stocked with all the heavy duty tools needed to get the job done right.
What does Mach 6 have to offer?
- Positive, fun, & engaging work environment
- Employer paid health benefits (LTD, dental, vision, insurance, accident and serious illness)
- RRSP matching program
- Competitive pay
- Annual tool and boot allowance (basic PPE & coveralls provided)
- Vacation Pay
- Bonus programs
- Meaningful long term employment
- Potential for advancement
- Safe & clean work environment
- Company functions & BBQ
- A family run organisation that cares for its employees
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- RRSP match
- Tool & boot allowance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Company Functions
- Heavy Equipment Technician (Truck and Transport) Journeyman
- Journeyman Automotive Technicians will also be considered
- Class 5 Driver's Licence
- *Class 3 licence is an asset
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing diagnostics, repairs and preventative maintenance on customer vehicles
- Troubleshooting & repairing mechanical ,electrical, & hydraulic faults on both on-highway & off road equipment
- Entering parts and digitally documenting repairs on service orders
- Maintain shop cleanliness
- Perform all work duties in a safe, professional, and efficient manner
- Maintain communication with the shop foreman, parts department, and other technicians on the job.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, co-workers and contractors in a professional manner.
Applicants Should Have:
- Ability to perform inspections, repairs, and perform detailed diagnostics on various type of heavy equipment
- Ability to analyse and apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to overcome complex technical problems
- Ability to perform internal diesel engine troubleshooting and repairs
- Demonstrate the ability to independently plan and prioritise time & material requirements in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge to take a leading role in implementing and promoting workplace safety and professionalism
- Demonstrate ability to read & write while being able to understand verbal & written instructions
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgement and conduct themselves in a safe & professional manner
- Demonstrates good interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a truck/trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all weather conditions
- Full understanding of all relevant safety and compliance regulations, policies and generally accepted work practices relating to on-road Truck/Trailer shop operations
- Computer & typings skills and a basic understanding of computer systems, we utilize a cloud-based work order management system
We thank you for your interest and ask that you electronically submit a resume. This ad will remain up until the position is filled.
Only candidates with these qualifications will be considered and only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
“Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!” – Ted Logan BIll & Teds Execllent Adventure
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $42.00 per hour
- Language training provided
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6E 0T3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Mechanical Repair: 3 years (required)
- Journeyman (preferred)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Apply through Indeed here.